I’m not a very patient person, so it’s been hard waiting for The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy to finally be released. I’m reading it the day it’s delivered to me. Aside from that novel that is obviously going to be incredible, there are so many great books coming out this week.
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee (Goodreads)
This is the sequel to The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue (read my review here), and I am so, so excited about this book. I loved Monty’s story, but I adored Felicity’s character, and can’t wait to hear about her adventures.
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor (Goodreads) Another sequel, this time to the New York Times bestselling novel, Strange the Dreamer.
- Zero Sum Game by S.L Huang (Goodreads)
Cas Russell is a math genius, and also a mercenary. Taking place in the near future, this science fiction thriller is an exciting book about superpowers. Cas thinks she’s the only one, but then she discovers someone with a superpower even more dangerous than her own. I love stories about superpowers (I am a huge comic book nerd, after all), so I think it’s fair to say this will be a fun read.
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (Goodreads)
This is a young adult fantasy novel follows the tale of Yumeko, a young girl raised by monks in an isolated temple. After the temple is burned to the ground, Yumeko has to save the magical Scroll of a Thousand Prayers.
- Book of the Just: Book Three of the Bohemian Trilogy by Dana Chamblee Carpenter (Goodreads)
This is the final book of the Bohemian Trilogy. Angelo starts having dream-visions of the dangerous future, Angelo and Mouse know they have to act quickly.
- Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography by Eric Idle (Goodreads)
I’m a huge Monty Python fan, so I’m definitely going to read this book.
- Dry by Neal Shusterman and Jarrod Shusterman (Goodreads)
Neal Shusterman’s latest novel is about what happens to a community when the water is gone. I really enjoy ecological disaster novels, and I’ve heard really good things about Shusterman’s writing.
- The Oyster Thief by Sonia Faruqi (Goodreads)
I’m really loving the recent trend of mermaid books. In this one, an oil spill sickens the little brother of Carolline, an Atlantic Ocean mermaid. She meets a human, Izar, but she doesn’t know that his family runs Ocean Dominion, a corporation destroying her home waters.
- The Tiger Flu by Larissa Lai (Goodreads)
This is Larissa Lai’s first book in sixteen years. In it, a group of parthenogenic women is exiled by Salt Water City, but they’ve had enough. They go to war with the powerful men that are threatening them with extinction.
- Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd (Goodreads)
The first book in a new series, Shepherd’s new novel follows the story of Anouk, a Beastie, which is a group of people who serve the Pretties, the lavish human population. Anouk’s mistress is murdered one day, and Anouk is accused of the crime.
More Books Coming Out Today:
- (Don’t) Call Me Crazy: 33 Voices Start the Conversation About Mental Health by Kelly Jenson (Goodreads)
- 9 From the Nine Worlds (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard) by Rick Riordan (Goodreads)
- A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult (Goodreads)
- After the Fire by Will Hill (Goodreads)
- An Easy Death (Gunnie Rose) by Charlaine Harris (Goodreads)
- Damsel by Elana K. Arnold (Goodreads)
- Devil’s Day by Andrew Michael Hurley (Goodreads)
- Dracul by Dacre Stoker, J.D. Barker (Goodreads)
- History vs Women: The Defiant Lives That They Don’t Want You to Know by Anita Sarkeesian, Ebony Adams (Goodreads)
- Kill the Queen (A Crown of Shards Novel) by Jennifer Estep (Goodreads)
- Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice (Goodreads)
- On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden (Goodreads)
- Priest of Bones (War for the Rose Throne) by Peter Mclean (Goodreads)
- Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand (Goodreads)
- Scribe by Alyson Hagy (Goodreads)
- The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke (Goodreads)
- The Hollow of Fear (The Lady Sherlock Series) by Sherry Thomas (Goodreads)
- The Way of All the Flesh by Ambrose Parry (Goodreads)
- The Wish Child by Catherine Chidgey (Goodreads)
- Virgil Wander by Leif Enger (Goodreads)
Penny is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.