It’s Wednesday, which means it’s comic book release day! Here are some of the most exciting issues coming out. For a complete list, head over to Midtown Comics.
Not sure where to buy your comics? Check out Comic Shop Locator for shops near you. If you don’t live in an area with a local shop, you can purchase from Midtown Comics, directly from the publisher, or through Comixology if you prefer digital copies.
- Whispering Dark #1 by Christofer Emgard and Tomas Aira (Dark Horse)
This new comic series is inspired by H.P. Lovecraft’s “At the Mountains of Madness” and Francis Coppola’s film Apocalypse Now!
- Mars Attacks Vol 4 #1 by Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer (Dynamite)
One of my favorite movies during my teenage years, I’m excited to read this new series. The cover art is wonderful as well!
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Terra Incognita #4 by Scott Tipton and Angel Hernandez (IDW)
I love all of the Star Trek series that Tipton has written, and Terra Incognita is fantastic.
- Moon Knight Vol 8 #200 by Max Bemis and Jacen Burrows (Marvel)
Moon Knight is one of my favorite Marvel characters, due to the sheer insanity of the character and his storylines.
- Return of Wolverine #2 by Charles Soule and Declan Shalvey (Marvel)
Wolverine is back in this exciting new series.
- X-Men Red #9 by Tom Taylor and Roge Antonia (Marvel)
Tom Taylor is my favorite comic book writer, and I love where he’s taking X-Men Red, which is my favorite currently running X-Men series (just one of the many you can currently read). I’m also super-digging Nightcrawler’s beard.
- Punisher Vol 11 #3 by Matthew Rosenberg and Szymon Kudranski (Marvel)
Anytime Frank Castle and Matt Murdoc are found in the same issue, you know it’s going to be a good one.
- Olivia Twist #2 by Darin Strauss, Adam Dalva, Emma Vieceli, and Lee Loughridge (Dark Horse)
This is a futuristic retelling of Oliver Twist.
- Black Panther vs Deadpool #1 (Marvel)
I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen these two characters paired up together, whether working with one another or battling. Either way, I’m excited that it’s happening now.