January just disappeared. One second it was New Year’s, and suddenly I’m sitting at my desk writing a wrapup post. Where’d it all go?
Anyway, this was a busy month, and I didn’t get the chance to post as frequently as I’ve wanted to. One of the aspects of the blog that I’ve been focusing on lately is trying to figure out a frequent and consistent blogging schedule. On my days off from my full-time job, I have no issue sitting down and pushing out five or six articles, but on days that I have to go into work, it’s so hard to wake up early enough to do the same. I’m trying to get into the habit of writing twice as many posts as I normally would on my days off to schedule out for days that I work, so hopefully, you guys will start seeing posts becoming more consistent in February.
Here’s a quick look at challenges and posts on Read Yourself Happy.
Some of you may have noticed that I never posted a week three update in my sugar-free challenge that I announced on January 1st. The reason for that was that I simply didn’t have anything new to say. This challenge was essentially a big fail for me in a lot of ways: I didn’t lose any weight and didn’t notice any change in my mood or skin. The only thing that changed was that many of my dreams during January ended up being about eating sugar.
I’m not saying that there’s no point in cutting sugar from your diet. I’m sure, even though I didn’t see physical manifestations in myself, that reducing the amount of sugar and artificial foods you eat still has an overall wonderful effect on my health. I think I was probably just setting expectations that were much too high to be met.
I had a pretty great reading month in January.
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
- Trouble No Man by Brian Hart
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Lady Killer, Vol 1 by Joëlle Jones & Jamie S. Rich
- The Light Between Worlds by Laura E. Weymouth
- Skyward Vol. 1 by Joe Henderson
- The Age of the Vikings by Anders Winroth
- Tonoharu by Lars Martinson
- The Facts in the Case of the Departure of Miss Finch by Neil Gaiman
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Articles and Bookish Fun
- Introducing My Bookstagram!
- I Have a Speech Impediment
- The Best Books I Read in 2018
- The Worst Books I Read in 2018
- I Should Have Read That Book Tag
- Leigh Bardugo’s Grishaverse Series is Coming to Netflix!
- 10 Books About Nutrition & Healthy Living
- My Love/Hate Relationship with Audiobooks
- Gorgeous Book Covers to Swoon Over
- 10 Self-Help Books to Help with Your New Years Resolutions
- 20 Self-Reflective Journal Prompts for 2019