This is going to be a new daily feature on Read Yourself Happy, where I’ll share quotes, daily thoughts, links, ebook deals, and more!
Today is day six of being sick, and I think I may have to miss another day of work to go to the doctor again because it’s starting to hurt to breathe normally. I can’t wait for this illness to go away. At least I have my cat – she’s hardly left my side since I started getting sick, and I woke up with her sleeping under the covers with me this morning. She’s such a sweet cat.
Links & Things
- I recently purchased this book light from Amazon, and it’s made such a great impact on my reading habits. I’ve never owned a book light before, but I needed a way to read in bed without disturbing my boyfriend, who wakes up a few hours before I do. Obviously, I’m late to the game with this, since I’m probably the only person in the world who hasn’t owned one of these, but I’m obsessed with it.
- Over at SyFy Wire, there’s a fun article about coming to terms with being sorted into Slytherin. I was also placed into Slytherin after taking the Pottermore sorting quiz, so I get it. Just embrace it.
- If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you’ll know that I’m a die-hard Star Trek fan. I’m excited that this Deep Space Nine documentary is finally getting a release date, and that it should be out by the end of this year! DS9 is my favorite series after The Next Generation, and I’m looking forward to all of the behind-the-scenes information!
- A little over a year ago I went from a decade of jobs where I was constantly on my feet and running around, to a job where I sat at a computer for ten hours per day. It’s not a stretch to say that my health and physical fitness has suffered because of my new career. I always talk about how “one day” I want to get around to working out regularly and getting myself healthy again, but I need to actually do it rather than just thinking about it. This article on how to build a workout routine from The Simple Dollar was a great find for me, and the advice is realistic and very doable.
- The advice in this short article from College Fashion about how to become more body positive is simple but wonderful. I’ve been unhappily gaining weight lately, due to both a non-existent workout routine (see the bullet point directly above this one) and antidepressants and birth control that make maintaining a healthy weight difficult. As a result, the majority of my clothes no longer fit the way they’re supposed to, and it was making me self-conscious. However, I recently invested in a few new outfits from Torrid and Old Navy, and wearing clothes that feel good on me and that fit well makes me feel so much more confident.
Amazon Kindle Deals
Here are the ten Kindle deals I’m most excited about today!
- Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake
- My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Amberlough by Lara Elena Donnelly
- Winter Loon by Susan Bernhard
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
- The Water Cure by Sophie Mackintosh
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse Book 1) by James S. A. Corey
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin
Quote of the Day