Still sick, but I’m finally starting to feel as though I’m on the mend. I spent most of the morning cleaning, which I’ve been neglecting whilst sickly, and this afternoon I’m planning on reorganizing my entire book collection. I only have one bookshelf right now, so I have no idea where I’m going to put everything. I’m going to have to get a little creative!
Links & Things
- This new non-fiction book by Barry S. Strauss sounds fascinating. Titled Ten Caesars, Strauss looks into ten famous (and infamous) Roman emperors. I took a few years of Latin in high school (and don’t remember any of it), and occasionally we would talk about how bizarre and violent some Emperors and Roman customs could be. I’m looking forward to learning more about the Roman Empire.
- Brandon Sanderson wrote a short piece about writing fierce characters, specifically, Spensa from Skyward. I’m fascinated by Sanderson, and this article was interesting to read.
- For those of you who like science, specifically atmospheric science, scientists in India believe they have measured the highest-voltage thunderstorm ever recorded. When I was in second grade, I wanted to be a meteorologist and even attended university for it briefly before I dropped out due to issues with depression and anxiety. One day I’ll hopefully go back to school, but for now, I live for articles and discoveries like this one!
- Anthropologie is finally branching out into plus-sizes, and I love their selections! While I consider Anthropologie a store a wee bit out of my price range, I still love to look!
- Here’s a list of books to read that reflect upon the #MeToo movement from Read It Forward. There are some amazing books on this list.
Here are the ten Kindle deals I’m most excited about today!
- Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West
- Frankenstein in Baghdad by Ahmed Saadawi
- Under Different Stars by Amy A. Bartol
- A Touch of Gold by Annie Sullivan
- Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake
- Two Old Women: An Alaska Legend of Betrayal, Courage, and Survival by Velma Wallis
- The Woman on the Orient Express by Lindsay Jayne Ashford
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Winter Loon by Susan Bernhard