Around the Web
- Cristina over at Girl in the Pages has an amazing article on how “clean” young adult literature can be problematic as it often includes depictions of violence, yet leaves out other mature content. It’s a really fantastic post a must-read for YA readers.
- Need some ideas for your next book club pick? Bookish has you covered.
- Meditation has been one of the most beneficial things I’ve tried in terms of improving my mental health, and I’m loving this guided meditation by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
- Palm oil is an ingredient that is in literally everything. This article from Lifehacker will teach you what it is, why it’s bad for the environment, and what you can do.
- NPR interviewed Angie Kim about her new book Miracle Creek.
Things I Love
- I accidentally stumbled upon this amazing album while trying to find something new to listen to on Spotify. I’ve never heard of the pianist, Hania Rani, but her debut album Esja is incredible. I’ve had it on repeat for days and days. The music is complex, motivating, deep, and beautiful all at the same time.