If you noticed that I didn’t post too much this week, I really apologize for that. Despite finally being on medication for bipolar disorder, this week my moods have been all over the place, and my anxiety has been super high. My job is really stressful and I had a hard time dealing with it the past few days.
I’ve decided to only post Monday through Fridays now, to give myself time to rest. I realized that trying to post 2+ articles every single day was a bit much for me, so having a weekend off from posting will give me more time to write better quality articles.
Around the Web
- Want to start your own book club, but not sure where to start? This guide from Everyday Reading will help you out!
- We live in an age of constant distractions, so mindfulness meditation is becoming more and more important to calm ourselves and shut out the barrage of thoughts. Here’s a guide to doing that, from Well + Good.
- NPR’s review of Elizabeth Acevedo’s With the Fire on High is really insightful. I can’t wait to read this book!
- Lauren over at Reading, Writing, and Me has a great post about why pre-ordering books help both you and the author!
- SyFy Wire examines why Star Trek’s Klingons don’t drink Klingon coffee, raktajino.
- Over at Confessions of a YA Reader, Kristi has a list of five magical creatures. As you can see from the header, I’m a fan of foxes, so I was intrigued by the Kitsune.
- Hannah at A Clockwork Reader is back with a new book haul. She’s my favorite booktuber, so I’m always thrilled when she posts a new video.
Things I Love
- I love this Star Trek jacket, but unfortunately, I don’t have $330 just sitting around. I’m going to continue to dream though.
- While I’m not a huge fan of the song itself, the video for Mac DeMarco’s “Here Comes the Cowboy” is surreal and wonderful.
- These glass light sculptures are so beautiful!
On the Blog
(A bit long since I forgot my wrap-up last week)
- Elevation by Stephen King – A Review
- Cover Reveal: A Shifting of Stars by Kathy Kimbray
- May Book of the Month Selections
- New Releases for May 7, 2019
- Becca: Friday Favorites
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone – A Review\
- Is Your Anxiety Harming Your Relationships?
- The Farm by Joanne Ramos – A Review
- Carolyn at Sew Happy Stitch Happy – Friday Favorites
- Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples – A Review
- Do I Have That Book? Challenge
- The Five Best Adult Magical Realism Books
- New Book Releases for May 21, 2019
- New Comic Book Releases for May 22
- Everything We Know About the Star Trek Picard Series So Far