“Sometimes you can do everything right and things will still go wrong. The key is to never stop doing right.”
― Angie Thomas, The Hate U Give
News & Links
- I read Emily St. John’s Station Eleven a few years ago, and I still consider it one of my favorite post-apocalyptic novels. I’m super excited that it’s now getting a television adaptation!
- Austine over at the wonderful book blog NovelKnight is no longer accepting ARCs or review requests, and her explanation of why is really insightful into how publishers use book influencers. While I love ARCs and regularly accept review requests, it’s interesting to see someone else’s opinion on the topic.
- Bookish has 13 book-inspired manicures, and they’re all amazing. I definitely don’t have the patience to do something like this, but kudos to people that do!
- Several weeks ago, I wrote about job-related burnout. Read It Forward has a list of book recommendations to banish burnout.
- Medical journals and doctors have long been warning against the effects of sitting too long. Here are four reasons to listen to them, from Make Use Of.
If you’re a romance fan and you want a great blog to find new romance books, Smart Bitches, Trashy Books is amazing. I’ve found so many great recommendations from this team!
I’m so happy to finally be back at blogging. It’s been almost two weeks, which is way too long. My non-blogging job is incredibly stressful, and this blog has been an amazing escape from that.
For people who have high-stress jobs, how do you cope on a daily basis? I use meditation to help myself prepare for the day ahead. Got any tips? Let me know in the comments.