So far, August has been about reading as many ARCs as I can as quickly as I can. I’ve received so many August and September releases from publishers (which I’m very thankful for), and I’ve gotten behind on reviewing them. Fortunately, so many of the books I’ve been reading are great, so it’s making it very enjoyable.
This week was the beginning of my America…in Books feature, and I’ve been shocked at how popular these posts have been! I’m so glad you guys are enjoying it.
Quote of the Week
“Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real.”
News & Links
- Vicky over at the fabulous book blog Vicky Who Reads asked her followers on Twitter about what kind of items they would like to see in subscription boxes and put together some really awesome ideas. I would buy any of these boxes!
- I’m in love with this Hogwarts Christmas tree topper!
- Chelsea Palmer ordered some bookish items from Wish and did a fun unboxing.
- It’s never too early to get your kids into reading. Book Riot did a great reading list for science fiction children’s books.
- I’m sure I’m not the only person who tends to get lost in social media or YouTube. Lifehacker has a post about how many books you could read if you quit social media.
- There’s a new book tag making its way around Booktube called the Book Snob Tag. Here’s one of the videos done by Rae Of Books.
- I’ve always loved surrealist art, and these pieces from Chrigel Farner are incredible.
On the Blog
- Doctor Strange: A Separate Reality by Steve Englehart – A Review
- America… in Books
- Alabama… in Books
- New Book Releases for August 13, 2019
- Alaska…in Books
- New Comic Book Releases for August 14, 2019
- Best Comic Book Covers for the Week of August 14th, 2019
- Arizona… in Books
- Healthy as F*ck by Oonagh Duncan – A Review
- I have Too Many Books on My TBR
- Arkansas… in Books