I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!
I’m so excited about getting closer to the beginning of 2021! I’ve got so many things planned for this blog, my Instagram page, and my YouTube channel. 2020 was crazy for everyone, and I sort of fell off from blogging frequently. My goal is to stay far more motivated in 2021!
As we near the end of the year, there are a ton of book lists and reward lists being releases. Here are a few:
- New York Public Library’s Best Books of 2020
- Shortlist for the 2020 Saif Ghobash Banipal Prize for Literary Arabic Translation
- My Top 10 Books of 2020 – Happiest When Reading
- Our Favorite Reads of 2020 – Smart Bitches Trashy Books
- The Daily Beast Reader’s Favorite Cookbooks of 2020
- The Best Reviewed Memoirs and Biographies of 2020
- The Best Reviewed Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror of 2020
- Literary Hub’s 65 Favorite Books of the Year
- Novel Visits’ Favorite Debuts of 2020
- Favorite Vegan Books of 2020
- Abbe’s Must-Read Books of 2020
- The 17 Best Books I Read in 2020
- Best Books of 2020 – A List of Lists
- Best Young Adult Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror of 2020
My own best and worst of lists will be coming early January, so keep an eye out!
Rachel Kadish, author of The Weight of Ink, a novel set during the plague years of 1665-66 in London, discusses the question “Do you feel like your living in your own novel?” [Slate]
34-year-old Shannon Hennig was stressed and busy and failed to notice signs of congestive heart failure. This is a great reminder to pay attention to your body even when life is crazy. [Business Insider]
Everyone knows by now that social media can be detrimental to your mental health. Here are a few great tips to make your time on Facebook less stressful. [Make Use Of]
Cult-classic Firefly is coming back in 2021 as a comic book series from Boom! Studios! I will 100% be reading, but as it takes place after the events in Serenity, I suppose it means I’ll have to acknowledge that a certain death definitely took place, which I like to pretend otherwise. [Boing Boing]